Financial Reporting & Performance Analyst
The Financial Reporting & Performance Analyst is responsible for the preparation and analysis of fund financial statements in addition to preparing periodic performance reporting for Harbor Funds and the Harbor Capital Group Trust. This person is also responsible for other financial reporting and analysis responsibilities within the Fund Financial Reporting Team.
- Fund Financial Statement Preparation
- Fund Total Return Calculations
- Fund Expense Management and Monitoring
- Fund Rankings and Statistics Compilation
- Dividend Distribution Calculations
- Fair Value Analysis
- Excess Return and Allocation Analysis
- Board of Trustees Disclosures
- Harbor Capital Group Trust Client Reporting
- Additional Responsibilities as Position Requires
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 3-5 years of work experience in the financial services industry
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Experience in analysis and reporting of mutual fund or other investment returns preferred
- Experience in fund administration and financial reporting preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Knowledge of and experience in preparing financial statements
- Knowledge and understanding of the investment management process, performance calculation concepts and analyses
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple responsibilities, and meet tight deadlines
- Strong technical skills including a high level of proficiency with analytical tools such as Excel
- High degree of focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to identify unusual relationships in data and proactively conduct research to determine the cause
- Strong communication skills with varying levels of management
- Strong organizational skills
- Desire and ability to work longer hours during peak reporting cycles
Harbor Capital Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Working at Harbor Capital Advisors
What is working at Harbor Capital Advisors all about? What can we offer that makes us a unique employer in the investment management industry? What type of career opportunities exist?
- Working at Harbor means we expect you to put 100% of your effort toward supporting our shareholders. We believe the best interests of our shareholders always come first.
- A career at Harbor means that you have the opportunity for broad exposure to multiple aspects of our business. Your access to both senior managers and colleagues across the company can provide rewarding work assignments and learning opportunities.
- We offer the best advantages and efficiencies of a smaller company while providing the resources of a larger one. At Harbor, if you can identify ways to improve the business, you'll often be given the opportunity and resources to implement them.
- Central to Harbor's past and future successes is integrity – our most important principle.
- We hire talented people with an excellent work ethic; we pay fairly and we reward achievement.
Whether you are beginning your career in the investment management industry or are looking to continue your development and reach new goals, you should strongly consider the opportunities at Harbor.
We offer the following comprehensive benefits and programs:
- A competitive compensation program that recognizes individual performance and contributions
- Comprehensive medical (PPO and HMO), dental and vision options effective on date of hire
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance coverage
- 401(k) Plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of base salary; we will also contribute 50 cents for each dollar contributed between 4% and 6% of eligible pay. If you contribute at least 6% of pay, Harbor will make a matching contribution equal to 5% of eligible earnings. Immediate vesting in your own contributions, and the employer matching contributions.
- Retirement contributions of 5% of eligible pay. If your employment terminates prior to completing one year of service, retirement contribution amounts made to your 401(k) account will be forfeited.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life insurance in an amount equal to twice your annual base salary up to maximum of $500,000; In addition, Optional Life and AD&D insurance are available for purchase
- Paid vacation days
- Nine or ten paid holidays, annually
- Three personal days, annually
- Commuter Benefits Program for flex transit and parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Expense Reimbursement Program
- Easy access to public transportation
- Building amenities include parking garage with available car wash services, on-site restaurant, health club facilities and complimentary concierge and bike storage
We think you will find our central loop location convenient, offering an easy walk to public transportation. Our building is the first certified LEED all-business structure to be built in Chicago.