Manager Research Analyst
Harbor Capital Advisors employs a "manager-of-managers" approach whereby it selects external investment advisers to implement the investment strategies of the individual Harbor funds and separate accounts within the collective trust funds. Harbor Capital Advisors actively monitors the performance of the external investment advisers and will replace advisers if necessary.
Harbor Capital Advisors is seeking to add a Manager Research Analyst to its Investment & Portfolio Management (IPM) team in Chicago.
- Produce quantitative and qualitative reports on the investment performance and characteristics of current and prospective subadvisers. Such reports will involve using analytical and performance measurement tools to compare portfolios relative to market indices and relevant peer groups
- Expected to analyze the reports and provide observations to other members of the IPM team as part of due diligence projects
- Collaborate as needed with members of the Fund Financial Reporting team to prepare detailed analyses of current subadvisers
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- Two to four years of work experience within the investment management industry, or in a related industry such as financial services, consulting, or accounting
- Thorough understanding of basic portfolio management strategies, performance measurement concepts, and performance calculation methodologies
- CFA designation or progress towards designation a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong technical skills including a high level of proficiency with analytical tools such as Excel
- Knowledge of investment concepts and strategies, performance measurement calculations, and familiarity with analytical tools and databases
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of focus on accuracy of work
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments
Harbor Capital Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Working at Harbor Capital Advisors
What is working at Harbor Capital Advisors all about? What can we offer that makes us a unique employer in the investment management industry? What type of career opportunities exist?
- Working at Harbor means we expect you to put 100% of your effort toward supporting our shareholders. We believe the best interests of our shareholders always come first.
- A career at Harbor means that you have the opportunity for broad exposure to multiple aspects of our business. Your access to both senior managers and colleagues across the company can provide rewarding work assignments and learning opportunities.
- We offer the best advantages and efficiencies of a smaller company while providing the resources of a larger one. At Harbor, if you can identify ways to improve the business, you'll often be given the opportunity and resources to implement them.
- Central to Harbor's past and future successes is integrity – our most important principle.
- We hire talented people with an excellent work ethic; we pay fairly and we reward achievement.
Whether you are beginning your career in the investment management industry or are looking to continue your development and reach new goals, you should strongly consider the opportunities at Harbor.
We offer the following comprehensive benefits and programs:
- A competitive compensation program that recognizes individual performance and contributions
- Comprehensive medical (PPO and HMO), dental and vision options effective on date of hire
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance coverage
- 401(k) Plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of base salary; we will also contribute 50 cents for each dollar contributed between 4% and 6% of eligible pay. If you contribute at least 6% of pay, Harbor will make a matching contribution equal to 5% of eligible earnings. Immediate vesting in your own contributions, and the employer matching contributions.
- Retirement contributions of 5% of eligible pay. If your employment terminates prior to completing one year of service, retirement contribution amounts made to your 401(k) account will be forfeited.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life insurance in an amount equal to twice your annual base salary up to maximum of $500,000; In addition, Optional Life and AD&D insurance are available for purchase
- Paid vacation days
- Nine or ten paid holidays, annually
- Three personal days, annually
- Commuter Benefits Program for flex transit and parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Expense Reimbursement Program
- Easy access to public transportation
- Building amenities include parking garage with available car wash services, on-site restaurant, health club facilities and complimentary concierge and bike storage
We think you will find our central loop location convenient, offering an easy walk to public transportation. Our building is the first certified LEED all-business structure to be built in Chicago.