Centralized Customer Processing Associate
The primary responsibility of the Centralized Customer Support (CCS) department is to be the initiator and distributor of all work within the transfer agency, and to sort and deliver incoming and outgoing mail for the Harbor Services Group and Harbor Capital Advisors teams. Centralized Customer Processing Associates work with numerous internal and external clients, and it is imperative to develop effective working relationships with both types of clients.
- Open, sort and deliver incoming mail in a timely and accurate fashion to both Harbor Services Group and Harbor Capital Advisors teams.
- Review, prep, batch and scan incoming mail into the Harbor Transfer Agency's workflow processing system.
- Successfully verify Medallion Signature Guarantee Stamps through Securities Transfer Agents Medallion Program, Inc. (STAMP, Inc.)
- Fulfill literature orders from prospective and current shareholders through DST Literature.
- Maintain various mail logs including checks, overnights, and priority and returned mail.
- Timely and accurately administer cash processing system to support balanced nightly electronic check deposits (FISERV/SSB&T).
- Secure sensitive data and documentation.
- Administer workflows and support Harbor Services Group outbound correspondence
- Work with external vendors to support print media, mail delivery, and document storage and shredding programs.
- Research statements and other documents (microfiche, CD's and other media channels) for record retention and/or average cost requests.
- Assist in preparing monthly & annual audit reports.
- Work with training and development to maintain an accurate and up-to-date training model for ongoing training and new employee hire support.
- Participate in department projects as assigned by management team.
- Willingness to shift focus dependent on the need of the group to support teamwork within the transfer agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service and/or financial services industry experience preferred
- FINRA Series 6 within six (6) months of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Work well under pressure and possess ability to meet deadlines
- Reliable and able to adjust work schedule to meet business needs
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to cross-train within other areas of the transfer agency to provide assistance, if required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Harbor Capital Advisors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Working at Harbor Capital Advisors
What is working at Harbor Capital Advisors all about? What can we offer that makes us a unique employer in the investment management industry? What type of career opportunities exist?
- Working at Harbor means we expect you to put 100% of your effort toward supporting our shareholders. We believe the best interests of our shareholders always come first.
- A career at Harbor means that you have the opportunity for broad exposure to multiple aspects of our business. Your access to both senior managers and colleagues across the company can provide rewarding work assignments and learning opportunities.
- We offer the best advantages and efficiencies of a smaller company while providing the resources of a larger one. At Harbor, if you can identify ways to improve the business, you'll often be given the opportunity and resources to implement them.
- Central to Harbor's past and future successes is integrity – our most important principle.
- We hire talented people with an excellent work ethic; we pay fairly and we reward achievement.
Whether you are beginning your career in the investment management industry or are looking to continue your development and reach new goals, you should strongly consider the opportunities at Harbor.
We offer the following comprehensive benefits and programs:
- A competitive compensation program that recognizes individual performance and contributions
- Comprehensive medical (PPO and HMO), dental and vision options effective on date of hire
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance coverage
- Retirement contributions to your 401(k) account equal to 6% of your eligible pay each pay period. In addition to retirement contributions, Harbor will make matching contributions to your 401(k) account. The company will match dollar for dollar your contribution (whether pre-tax or Roth), up to 6% of your eligible pay
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life insurance in an amount equal to twice your annual base salary up to maximum of $500,000; In addition, Optional Life and AD&D insurance are available for purchase
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Nine or ten paid holidays, annually
- Commuter Benefits Program for qualified transit and parking expenses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Expense Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Contributions
- Corporate membership for Chicago's bicycle sharing program
- Fitness Program Subsidy
- Easy access to public transportation
- Building amenities include parking garage with available car wash services, on-site restaurant, health club facilities and complimentary concierge and bike storage
We think you will find our central loop location convenient, offering an easy walk to public transportation. Our building is the first certified LEED all-business structure to be built in Chicago.