We are looking for a talented Programmer to be a part of our small but focused group of application developers. Successful candidate would have strong technical, communication, time management and customer service skills. Ideal candidate would be highly motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Design and development of web based internet and intranet applications
- Design and construct web-based user interfaces for applications
- Analyze and troubleshoot problems in web based software application.
- Analyze end-user software and interface requirements and provide efficient solutions.
- Undertake analysis of current Java/J2EE based applications and determine approaches which will improve user interface, performance and integrity.
- Build interfaces using API with third party applications.
- Build applications and production quality outputs using XML & XSL-FO.
- Be accountable for the technical integrity of the design in accordance with the best practices of HCA's Software Development Life Cycle while meeting regulatory and compliance standards.
- Build database models for applications.
- Create business workflows using commercial software.
- Perform testing, QC and monitoring of applications.
- Prepare user and system manuals.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field such as MIS
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience, with 2 years working with Java & J2EE
- Industry experience preferred.
- Professional programming certifications a plus
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be energetic, able to clearly communicate ideas
- Willing to be on call 24 x 7 for support as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
Thorough understanding and experience in the following technologies:
- Spring framework.
- Eclipse, SVN and CVS.
- Strong knowledge of SQL including Oracle & MySQL databases
- XML, XSL-FO, XPath, XSLT, JSON.
- Agile Software Development Process
- Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
Additional Technical Skills
Prior experience in any of the following areas is a plus, but is not necessary:
- OpenText Web Content Management System (RedDot)
- OpenText Enterprise Content Management System (Livelink API, Workflows and Livelink Web Services)
- Microsoft SharePoint Services
Harbor Capital Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V