The Account Executive Position is a junior level internal sales position.
- Provide internal support for Senior Vice Presidents, focusing on follow up calls and providing sales/information support when they are traveling
- Cold call prospects to qualify for Senior Vice President contact and call existing clients for cross-sell opportunities
- Serve as primary manager for existing relationships and develop new relationships with investment firms with $250M or less in assets under management
- Work with Senior Vice President to coordinate conference calls for self-developed finals opportunities
- Handle inbound calls and email requests from institutional clients
- Assist in creation and proofing of quarterly marketing materials
- Serve as backup for Marketing Analyst
- Series 6 and 63
- 2 years' experience in an outbound mutual fund sales environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Experience with Zephyr, FactSet, Bloomberg, Morningstar Data Direct, SalesLogix a plus
Harbor Capital Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Working at Harbor Capital Advisors
What is working at Harbor Capital Advisors all about? What can we offer that makes us a unique employer in the investment management industry? What type of career opportunities exist?
- Working at Harbor means we expect you to put 100% of your effort toward supporting our shareholders. We believe the best interests of our shareholders always come first.
- A career at Harbor means that you have the opportunity for broad exposure to multiple aspects of our business. Your access to both senior managers and colleagues across the company can provide rewarding work assignments and learning opportunities.
- We offer the best advantages and efficiencies of a smaller company while providing the resources of a larger one. At Harbor, if you can identify ways to improve the business, you'll often be given the opportunity and resources to implement them.
- Central to Harbor's past and future successes is integrity – our most important principle.
- We hire talented people with an excellent work ethic; we pay fairly and we reward achievement.
Whether you are beginning your career in the investment management industry or are looking to continue your development and reach new goals, you should strongly consider the opportunities at Harbor.
We offer the following comprehensive benefits and programs:
- A competitive compensation program that recognizes individual performance and contributions
- Comprehensive medical (PPO and HMO) and dental options effective on date of hire
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance coverage
- 401(k) Plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of base salary; we will also contribute 50 cents for each dollar contributed between 4% and 6% of eligible pay. If you contribute at least 6% of pay, we will make a matching contribution equal to 5% of eligible earnings. You are always fully vested in 401(k) contributions
- Retirement contributions of 5% of eligible pay after completion of 12 months of service, retroactive to your first day of employment
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life insurance in an amount equal to twice your annual base salary up to maximum of $500,000; In addition, Optional Life and AD&D insurance are available for purchase
- Paid vacation days
- Nine or ten paid holidays, annually
- Three personal days, annually
- Commuter Benefits Program for flex transit and parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Expense Reimbursement Program
- Easy access to public transportation
- Building amenities include parking garage with available car wash services, on-site restaurant, health club facilities and complimentary concierge and bike storage
We think you will find our central loop location convenient, offering an easy walk to public transportation. Our building is the first certified LEED all-business structure to be built in Chicago.