TA Risk & Compliance Representative
The TA Risk & Compliance Representative is responsible for verifying the identity of new shareholders by abiding by current industry rules and regulations. In addition, they are in charge of monitoring and reporting suspicious account activity. The position matches shareholders activity with specific activities that relate to topics such as anti-money laundering, market timing, account take over, and fraud. The team in which the job resides also performs internal controls audits, facilitates external AML audits, and participates in Harbor Service Group's Relationship Management Program through vendor oversight.
- Work with team members to complete workflows that relate to Suspicious Activity, CIP and Principal review, and Market Timing (22c-2)
- Provide ongoing monitoring, research and shareholder validation of large trades through transaction downloads, and other various reports and work with management team to vet out notification plans, if something is deemed suspicious, otherwise follow the document guidelines.
- Monitor and report accounts that are eligible for state escheatment and ensure operation is compliant with industry and state standards
- Coordinate Quarterly AML Certification Meetings
- Assist with Annual AML audit preparation
- Report/provide documentation to AMLCO suspicious persons/items
- Prepare Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) as directed by Harbor Capital and Harbor Services Group AML Officers
- Manage any key vendor relationships that fall within the Risk and Compliance team and follow internal Relationship Management Program protocol
- Participate on industry calls that pertain to Risk related topics which can be integrated within the department through accurate meeting notes facilitation and follow-through
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Finance, or other business related concentration
- 2-4 years of financial services industry experience with a focus on compliance
- Experience in customer services and business writing
- FINRA Series 6, 63 and 26 required; dates to be determined by management
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Certification is recommended
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Skills to analyze reports/data to reach reasonable conclusions on shareholder identity and transactions
- Knowledge of USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering regulations, privacy laws, and fraud trends
- Ability to make good judgments on the escalation of items
- Experience with internet search engines and internet investigation techniques
- Initiative to take on additional responsibilities when needed
- Knowledge of the company's business and industry
- Leadership and presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Phone skills for handling shareholders, relatives of lost shareholders, banks, suspicious individuals
Harbor Capital Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Working at Harbor Capital Advisors
What is working at Harbor Capital Advisors all about? What can we offer that makes us a unique employer in the investment management industry? What type of career opportunities exist?
- Working at Harbor means we expect you to put 100% of your effort toward supporting our shareholders. We believe the best interests of our shareholders always come first.
- A career at Harbor means that you have the opportunity for broad exposure to multiple aspects of our business. Your access to both senior managers and colleagues across the company can provide rewarding work assignments and learning opportunities.
- We offer the best advantages and efficiencies of a smaller company while providing the resources of a larger one. At Harbor, if you can identify ways to improve the business, you'll often be given the opportunity and resources to implement them.
- Central to Harbor's past and future successes is integrity – our most important principle.
- We hire talented people with an excellent work ethic; we pay fairly and we reward achievement.
Whether you are beginning your career in the investment management industry or are looking to continue your development and reach new goals, you should strongly consider the opportunities at Harbor.
We offer the following comprehensive benefits and programs:
- A competitive compensation program that recognizes individual performance and contributions
- Comprehensive medical (PPO and HMO), dental and vision options effective on date of hire
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance coverage
- Retirement contributions to your 401(k) account equal to 6% of your eligible pay each pay period. In addition to retirement contributions, Harbor will make matching contributions to your 401(k) account. The company will match dollar for dollar your contribution (whether pre-tax or Roth), up to 6% of your eligible pay
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life insurance in an amount equal to twice your annual base salary up to maximum of $500,000; In addition, Optional Life and AD&D insurance are available for purchase
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Nine or ten paid holidays, annually
- Commuter Benefits Program for qualified transit and parking expenses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Expense Reimbursement Program
- Corporate membership for Chicago's bicycle sharing program
- Fitness Program Subsidy
- Easy access to public transportation
- Building amenities include parking garage with available car wash services, on-site restaurant, health club facilities and complimentary concierge and bike storage
We think you will find our central loop location convenient, offering an easy walk to public transportation. Our building is the first certified LEED all-business structure to be built in Chicago.