Investor Services Representative
This position is responsible for providing high quality service to support individual investors, along with internal and external clients including brokers, shareholders and other Harbor associates.
- Support the needs of the shareholders of Harbor by performing transactions via the phone, such as exchanges, redemptions and maintenance requests.
- Assist individual investors with processing and trouble shooting transaction related issues.
- Communicate marketing, service product knowledge and information to our customers
- Perform QC for transaction processing.
- Independently resolve items received NIGO via callout.
- Respond to customer inquiries both written and via e-mail and call outs.
- Complete the daily reports and volume tracking report by noon each day.
- Perform weekly phone audit to ensure phone recordings of each recorded channel in use by the TA, be responsible for all aspects of the Phone Recording machine, maintenance as well as supply ordering.
- Assist in preparing monthly reports for our customers.
- Actively participate in departmental project work.
- Perform print vendor overnight and Pull functions daily.
- Assist in the documentation of workflows and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Thorough understanding of mutual fund pricing, registration requirements, retirement plan processes, SEC regulations and NASD guidelines
- Maintaining updated knowledge of fund products and promotions, TA workflows, industry trends and regulatory guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Analytical and research skills to independently resolve account issues
- Ability to work in a team environment and establish rapport with colleagues
- Ability to work in a fast paced, and constantly changing environment
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent organizational, time management skills. Ability to apply these skills utilizing our correspondence system, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to independently shift focus dependent on the need of the group to support teamwork within the Transfer Agency
- Series 6 within eight (8) months and Series 63 within eleven (11) months of hire.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Customer Service experience helpful.
Harbor Capital Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Working at Harbor Capital Advisors
What is working at Harbor Capital Advisors all about? What can we offer that makes us a unique employer in the investment management industry? What type of career opportunities exist?
- Working at Harbor means we expect you to put 100% of your effort toward supporting our shareholders. We believe the best interests of our shareholders always come first.
- A career at Harbor means that you have the opportunity for broad exposure to multiple aspects of our business. Your access to both senior managers and colleagues across the company can provide rewarding work assignments and learning opportunities.
- We offer the best advantages and efficiencies of a smaller company while providing the resources of a larger one. At Harbor, if you can identify ways to improve the business, you'll often be given the opportunity and resources to implement them.
- Central to Harbor's past and future successes is integrity – our most important principle.
- We hire talented people with an excellent work ethic; we pay fairly and we reward achievement.
Whether you are beginning your career in the investment management industry or are looking to continue your development and reach new goals, you should strongly consider the opportunities at Harbor.
We offer the following comprehensive benefits and programs:
- A competitive compensation program that recognizes individual performance and contributions
- Comprehensive medical (PPO and HMO), dental and vision options effective on date of hire
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance coverage
- 401(k) Plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of base salary; we will also contribute 50 cents for each dollar contributed between 4% and 6% of eligible pay. If you contribute at least 6% of pay, Harbor will make a matching contribution equal to 5% of eligible earnings. Immediate vesting in your own contributions, and the employer matching contributions.
- Retirement contributions of 5% of eligible pay. If your employment terminates prior to completing one year of service, retirement contribution amounts made to your 401(k) account will be forfeited.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life insurance in an amount equal to twice your annual base salary up to maximum of $500,000; In addition, Optional Life and AD&D insurance are available for purchase
- Paid vacation days
- Nine or ten paid holidays, annually
- Three personal days, annually
- Commuter Benefits Program for flex transit and parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Expense Reimbursement Program
- Easy access to public transportation
- Building amenities include parking garage with available car wash services, on-site restaurant, health club facilities and complimentary concierge and bike storage
We think you will find our central loop location convenient, offering an easy walk to public transportation. Our building is the first certified LEED all-business structure to be built in Chicago.