We are looking for a talented Programmer / Web Developer with at least 1 -3 years' experience to be a part of our small but focused group of application developers. Successful candidate would have strong technical, troubleshooting, communication, time management and customer service skills. Ideal candidate would be highly motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision.
Candidates must have experience and knowledge in:
- Spring framework.
- Application development using SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Agile Software Development Process.
- Object-Oriented Design (OOD)..
A successful candidate will have knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Java (Spring Framework) - Candidate should be well versed in developing web application using Java and Tomcat.
- Knowledge of Python/PHP/Ruby a plus.
- Databases – extensive experience working with latest version of MySQL or Oracle 11g. NoSQL database (DynamoDB) a plus.
- HTML5/CSS3/jQuery - Expert level jQuery/HTML5/CSS development will be necessary. Knowledge of bootstrap, require.js, SCSS a plus.
- REST API/JSON design patterns
- Object Oriented Development - Ideal candidates should understand object oriented development, and apply OO concepts.
- Deployment tools – ant, Junit, Jenkins. Knowledge of Docker a plus.
Mobile App Development
- Knowledge and experience building mobile and HTML5 based apps using Apple Xcode & Android SDK.
The candidate should have experience in one or more of following technologies:
- Amazon AWS, Rackspace or Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- Knowledge and experience using configuration management systems like Chef, Puppet or Salt.
- Version control using Github, SVN or CVS.
The job involves the following broad responsibilities:
- Design and development of web based internet and intranet applications.
- Analyze and troubleshoot problems in web based software application.
- Design and development of corporate internal and external mobile apps.
- Analyze current Java/J2EE based applications and determine approaches which will improve user interface, performance and integrity.
- Build interfaces using REST/SOAP API with third party applications.
- Design and develop new user interfaces for applications.
- Build applications and production quality outputs using XML & XSL-FO.
- Build database models for applications.
- Create business workflows using commercial software.
- Perform testing, QC and monitoring of applications.
- Prepare user and system manuals.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field such as MIS.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Professional programming certifications a plus.
Skills & Abilities
Ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent organization skills, ability to diagnose problems.
- Self-Starter; candidate who can jump in quickly without a lot of direction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be energetic, able to clearly communicate ideas.
- Willing to be on call 24 x 7 for support as needed.
Additional Technical Skills
Prior experience in any of the following areas is a plus, but is not necessary:
- OpenText Web Content Management System (RedDot).
- OpenText Enterprise Content Management System (Livelink, LAPI, Livelink Web Services and Workflows).
- Microsoft SharePoint Services.
Harbor Capital Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V