We are looking for a talented Programmer / Web Developer to be a part of our small but focused group of application developers. Successful candidate would have strong technical, troubleshooting, communication, time management and customer service skills. Ideal candidate would be highly motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision.
The job involves the following broad responsibilities:
- Design and development of web based internet and intranet applications.
- Analyze and troubleshoot problems in web based software application.
- Design and development of corporate internal and external mobile apps.
- Analyze current Java/J2EE based applications and determine approaches which will improve user interface, performance and integrity.
- Build interfaces using API with third party applications.
- Design and develop new user interfaces for applications.
- Build applications and production quality outputs using XML & XSL-FO.
- Build database models for applications.
- Create business workflows using commercial software.
- Perform testing, QC and monitoring of applications.
- Prepare user and system manuals.
Candidates with experience and knowledge in:
- Spring and Struts framework.
- Application development using databases.
- Agile Software Development Process.
- Object-Oriented Design (OOD).
Successful candidate will have knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
LAMP (Linux, Apache MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python)
- PHP/Perl/Python - Candidate should be a well versed developing application using the latest versions of PHP, Perl and Python. Knowledge of Ruby a plus.
- Databases – extensive experience working with latest version of MySQL. Experience with Oracle 11g and MS-SQL 2008/2010 databases a plus.
- Object Oriented Development - Ideal candidates should understand object oriented development, and apply OO concepts.
- Eclipse IDE.
Mobile App Development
- Knowledge and experience building mobile and HTML5 based apps using Apple Xcode & Android SDK.
- Amazon AWS, Rackspace or Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- Knowledge and experience using configuration management systems like Chef, Puppet or Salt.
- Version control using Github, SVN or CVS.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field such as MIS.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Professional programming certifications a plus.
Skills & Abilities
Ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent organization skills, ability to diagnose problems.
- Self-Starter; candidate who can jump in quickly without a lot of direction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be energetic, able to clearly communicate ideas.
- Willing to be on call 24 x 7 for support as needed.
Additional Technical Skills
Prior experience in any of the following areas is a plus, but is not necessary:
- OpenText Web Content Management System (RedDot).
- OpenText Enterprise Content Management System (Livelink, LAPI, Livelink Web Services and Workflows).
- Microsoft SharePoint Services.
Harbor Capital Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V