Financial Reporting Associate
This position is responsible for preparing the Harbor Funds Portfolio of Investments disclosures including the analyzing and updating of portfolio holdings information and supporting schedules for annual, semi-annual and NQ filings as well as website presentations. In addition, the coordination of the audit confirmation process, fund compliance monitoring, and other analysis will be required.
- Create Portfolio of Investment schedules
- Perform daily fair value analysis of certain funds' portfolios
- Coordinate the audit confirmation process, working with brokers to affirm trade position details
- Prepare reporting and analysis for use in the quarterly Board of Trustees meetings
- Monitor Fund compliance through the preparation of supporting schedules
- Calculate portfolio turnover for all Harbor Funds
- Interact regularly with the external accounting agent
- Additional responsibilities as position requires
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance ideal
- Mutual Fund Financial Reporting or closely related experience
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ability to learn reporting software
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently under high-pressure work environment while meeting deadlines
- Reliable individual willing to work overtime when needed to meet deadlines (primarily prior to SEC filing deadlines)
- Self-Motivated learner
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and comfort in communicating with various levels of management and external auditors
- Preferred Financial statement preparation experience
Harbor Capital Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Working at Harbor Capital Advisors
What is working at Harbor Capital Advisors all about? What can we offer that makes us a unique employer in the investment management industry? What type of career opportunities exist?
- Working at Harbor means we expect you to put 100% of your effort toward supporting our shareholders. We believe the best interests of our shareholders always come first.
- A career at Harbor means that you have the opportunity for broad exposure to multiple aspects of our business. Your access to both senior managers and colleagues across the company can provide rewarding work assignments and learning opportunities.
- We offer the best advantages and efficiencies of a smaller company while providing the resources of a larger one. At Harbor, if you can identify ways to improve the business, you'll often be given the opportunity and resources to implement them.
- Central to Harbor's past and future successes is integrity – our most important principle.
- We hire talented people with an excellent work ethic; we pay fairly and we reward achievement.
Whether you are beginning your career in the investment management industry or are looking to continue your development and reach new goals, you should strongly consider the opportunities at Harbor.
We offer the following comprehensive benefits and programs:
- A competitive compensation program that recognizes individual performance and contributions
- Comprehensive medical (PPO and HMO), dental and vision options effective on date of hire
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance coverage
- 401(k) Plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of base salary; we will also contribute 50 cents for each dollar contributed between 4% and 6% of eligible pay. If you contribute at least 6% of pay, Harbor will make a matching contribution equal to 5% of eligible earnings. Immediate vesting in your own contributions, and the employer matching contributions.
- Retirement contributions of 5% of eligible pay. If your employment terminates prior to completing one year of service, retirement contribution amounts made to your 401(k) account will be forfeited.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life insurance in an amount equal to twice your annual base salary up to maximum of $500,000; In addition, Optional Life and AD&D insurance are available for purchase
- Paid vacation days
- Nine or ten paid holidays, annually
- Three personal days, annually
- Commuter Benefits Program for flex transit and parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Expense Reimbursement Program
- Easy access to public transportation
- Building amenities include parking garage with available car wash services, on-site restaurant, health club facilities and complimentary concierge and bike storage
We think you will find our central loop location convenient, offering an easy walk to public transportation. Our building is the first certified LEED all-business structure to be built in Chicago.