Technology Program Manager
The Technology Program Manager will play the lead role in establishing a project management office for the Harbor IT team. The individual will be expected to develop and maintain both strategic and tactical project standards and plans and will also act as a mentor to other project managers in the department. The individual will also work closely with other members of the business outside of IT in developing, coordinating, and communicating IT project plans and initiatives.
- Establish a Harbor IT PMO
- Assist in development and maintenance of an IT 12-18 month roadmap based on outlined projects and technology decisions
- Training and support of IT project managers
- Development of project management artifacts and metrics
- Develop Harbor IT PM process and principals and ensure compliance
- Project manager of our larger enterprise IT initiatives
- Executive and financial reporting on major projects and other IT metrics
- Assist in developing IT operating model improvements
- Establish product schedules for key applications
- At least 10 years of experience in IT Project or program management demonstrating progressive responsibility
- Proven experience taking a project from concept through to implementation including the upfront business case and high level cost analysis, resource management, project proposal/project definition, detailed requirements, planning, and execution
- Self-motivated, resourceful, focused, and diligent, to ensure the fastest delivery of quality products/functionality for the business
- Experience training end-users on new procedures and/or applications
- Experience creating a work breakdown structure that is customized for the project, yet still follows a standard methodology
- Experience tracking a project at a detailed level including base lining with resource assignments, estimated effort and dependencies; understanding and managing the critical path, etc.
- Experience with testing strategies, including the ability to implement a testing approach, develop test cases, and track defects through to resolution
- Critical and analytical thinker and detail oriented; not afraid to ask questions
- Exceptional written communication skills with an ability to prepare documents and presentations that clearly and succinctly describe a situation, alternatives, and helps guide the audience to a reasonable set of alternatives, recommendation, and/or conclusion
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, and the confidence and maturity to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, including external parties
- Must be able to interact with and work effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience preparing and presenting a project portfolio to department heads, focused on project prioritization, staffing, execution, and management of time and cost
- Experience preparing and presenting a project proposal in order to obtain consensus and ultimate approval for scope, approach, staffing, cost, timeline, and in some cases application design
- Self-motivated, team orientated with excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to design a software solution including usability, reports, dataflow/interfaces
- Asset Management or other Financial Services related experience and/or certifications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Project Management Certification(s)
- A strong working knowledge of programming concepts and testing methodologies
- A strong working knowledge of IT infrastructure related technologies and concepts
- A working knowledge of SQL for purposes of analyzing data related to assigned projects
Harbor Capital Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Working at Harbor Capital Advisors
What is working at Harbor Capital Advisors all about? What can we offer that makes us a unique employer in the investment management industry? What type of career opportunities exist?
- Working at Harbor means we expect you to put 100% of your effort toward supporting our shareholders. We believe the best interests of our shareholders always come first.
- A career at Harbor means that you have the opportunity for broad exposure to multiple aspects of our business. Your access to both senior managers and colleagues across the company can provide rewarding work assignments and learning opportunities.
- We offer the best advantages and efficiencies of a smaller company while providing the resources of a larger one. At Harbor, if you can identify ways to improve the business, you'll often be given the opportunity and resources to implement them.
- Central to Harbor's past and future successes is integrity – our most important principle.
- We hire talented people with an excellent work ethic; we pay fairly and we reward achievement.
Whether you are beginning your career in the investment management industry or are looking to continue your development and reach new goals, you should strongly consider the opportunities at Harbor.
We offer the following comprehensive benefits and programs:
- A competitive compensation program that recognizes individual performance and contributions
- Comprehensive medical (PPO and HMO), dental and vision options effective on date of hire
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance coverage
- 401(k) Plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of base salary; we will also contribute 50 cents for each dollar contributed between 4% and 6% of eligible pay. If you contribute at least 6% of pay, Harbor will make a matching contribution equal to 5% of eligible earnings. Immediate vesting in your own contributions, and the employer matching contributions.
- Retirement contributions of 5% of eligible pay. If your employment terminates prior to completing one year of service, retirement contribution amounts made to your 401(k) account will be forfeited.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life insurance in an amount equal to twice your annual base salary up to maximum of $500,000; In addition, Optional Life and AD&D insurance are available for purchase
- Paid vacation days
- Nine or ten paid holidays, annually
- Three personal days, annually
- Commuter Benefits Program for flex transit and parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Expense Reimbursement Program
- Easy access to public transportation
- Building amenities include parking garage with available car wash services, on-site restaurant, health club facilities and complimentary concierge and bike storage
We think you will find our central loop location convenient, offering an easy walk to public transportation. Our building is the first certified LEED all-business structure to be built in Chicago.