Shareholder Services Representative I
The Shareholder Services Representative I role provides support to internal and external clients, which include shareholders, brokers and other Harbor employees. The representative provides accurate and timely transaction processing, quality assurance, written and verbal shareholder communication, and project support on behalf of shareholders and associates of Harbor Funds.
- Provide timely and accurate information to support daily communication with Harbor Fund's shareholder base to meet, or exceed, internal quality standards.
- Accurate and timely review of daily department reports to successful support daily operations
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual audit reports
- Active participation in departmental project support work
- Assist in the documentation of departmental workflows and procedures
- Maintain updated knowledge of fund products, and industry trends
- Perform additional activities as needed
- Support the telephone requests of the shareholders of Harbor by performing transactions such as exchanges, redemptions and maintenance requests.
- Accept inbound calls to communicate product knowledge and information to shareholders
- Call, write letters, and send e-mails to shareholders to resolve account requests which are not received in good order
- Perform weekly phone audit to ensure phone recordings are in line with departmental standards
- Apply an understanding of technical/business writing principles to Harbor Services Group's document library of correspondence templates
- Compose, edit and proofread correspondence for Harbor Funds shareholders and other document outputs, with focus on content, clarity, grammar, and typography.
- Research and prepare content for the Frequently Asked Questions segment of the website and responding to inquiries received electronically via the "Contact Us" section of the website.
- Execute day to day processing of various account details as a result of customer requests and inquiries with a strong attention to detail
- Perform quality control for transaction processing to ensure compliance with regulatory and department quality standards
- Enter and releasing of federal wire transfers through use of State Street Cash Manager
- Perform corrective processing and monitoring of dividend adjustments
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- 1-2 years of financial services industry experience preferred
- Experience in business writing and customer service preferred
- FINRA Series 6 within eight (8) months and Series 63 within eleven (11) months of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Thorough understanding of mutual funds, securities pricing, account registrations, retirement plan processes, and SEC/FINRA regulations and guidelines
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, and constantly changing environment
- Ability to shift focus dependent on the need of the department to support teamwork
- Strong technical abilities in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc.)
Harbor Capital Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Working at Harbor Capital Advisors
What is working at Harbor Capital Advisors all about? What can we offer that makes us a unique employer in the investment management industry? What type of career opportunities exist?
- Working at Harbor means we expect you to put 100% of your effort toward supporting our shareholders. We believe the best interests of our shareholders always come first.
- A career at Harbor means that you have the opportunity for broad exposure to multiple aspects of our business. Your access to both senior managers and colleagues across the company can provide rewarding work assignments and learning opportunities.
- We offer the best advantages and efficiencies of a smaller company while providing the resources of a larger one. At Harbor, if you can identify ways to improve the business, you'll often be given the opportunity and resources to implement them.
- Central to Harbor's past and future successes is integrity – our most important principle.
- We hire talented people with an excellent work ethic; we pay fairly and we reward achievement.
Whether you are beginning your career in the investment management industry or are looking to continue your development and reach new goals, you should strongly consider the opportunities at Harbor.
We offer the following comprehensive benefits and programs:
- A competitive compensation program that recognizes individual performance and contributions
- Comprehensive medical (PPO and HMO), dental and vision options effective on date of hire
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance coverage
- 401(k) Plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of base salary; we will also contribute 50 cents for each dollar contributed between 4% and 6% of eligible pay. If you contribute at least 6% of pay, Harbor will make a matching contribution equal to 5% of eligible earnings. Immediate vesting in your own contributions, and the employer matching contributions.
- Retirement contributions of 5% of eligible pay. If your employment terminates prior to completing one year of service, retirement contribution amounts made to your 401(k) account will be forfeited.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life insurance in an amount equal to twice your annual base salary up to maximum of $500,000; In addition, Optional Life and AD&D insurance are available for purchase
- Paid vacation days
- Nine or ten paid holidays, annually
- Three personal days, annually
- Commuter Benefits Program for flex transit and parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Expense Reimbursement Program
- Easy access to public transportation
- Building amenities include parking garage with available car wash services, on-site restaurant, health club facilities and complimentary concierge and bike storage
We think you will find our central loop location convenient, offering an easy walk to public transportation. Our building is the first certified LEED all-business structure to be built in Chicago.