Shareholder Services Communications Manager
Responsible for managing the daily operations of the Investor Services Group.
- Manage staff to ensure investors, brokers, and dealers are receiving accurate, courteous, timely and efficient service.
- Work with management team to develop a service strategy that delivers success.
- Capable of making employment decisions including hiring and terminations, and managing the staff appraisal process, including proposing salary increases and bonus payouts
- Forecast and plot volumes in order to ensure that departmental standards are met. Proactively manage staffing, including offline time and vacation.
- Keep all associates aware of service strategies, marketing, sales initiatives and product/corporate promotions
- Stays updated on industry practices and maintain a thorough knowledge of our clients' products; work closely with Legal/Compliance on regulatory cases both routine and complex. Ensure that department functions adhere to federal and state regulations.
- Keep management aware of department progress towards individual and department goals and of the overall effectiveness of the group.
- Maintain a positive and healthy work environment for TA associates.
- Assist with the management and oversight of our vendors.
- Continuously develop the Reps via coaching, feedback, mentoring techniques, and the employment of training, including inter department training, in order to promote superior service delivery and career advancement. Create programs to support and reward high performance.
- Implement quality service initiatives, which retain existing investor assets and attract new assets for Harbor clients.
- Recommend and implement new policies and procedures, workflow approaches and methods to working closely with clients to proactively develop ways of doing business smarter and improving customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- FINRA Series 6, 63 and 26 within twelve months of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- 2+ plus years in the financial services industry, either in management or in a capacity that required leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of the mutual fund industry and its regulations.
- Strong understanding of the shareholder and broker community across all HSG clients.
- Fluent in all aspects of mutual funds processing and telephone service delivery, knowledge of NSCC trading/reconciliation a plus.
- The ability to lead others, troubleshoot and resolve complex account problems.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and has a passion for service excellence.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to provide constructive feedback to direct reports.
- The ability to work well in a constantly changing, fast-paced team environment
Harbor Capital Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Working at Harbor Capital Advisors
What is working at Harbor Capital Advisors all about? What can we offer that makes us a unique employer in the investment management industry? What type of career opportunities exist?
- Working at Harbor means we expect you to put 100% of your effort toward supporting our shareholders. We believe the best interests of our shareholders always come first.
- A career at Harbor means that you have the opportunity for broad exposure to multiple aspects of our business. Your access to both senior managers and colleagues across the company can provide rewarding work assignments and learning opportunities.
- We offer the best advantages and efficiencies of a smaller company while providing the resources of a larger one. At Harbor, if you can identify ways to improve the business, you'll often be given the opportunity and resources to implement them.
- Central to Harbor's past and future successes is integrity – our most important principle.
- We hire talented people with an excellent work ethic; we pay fairly and we reward achievement.
Whether you are beginning your career in the investment management industry or are looking to continue your development and reach new goals, you should strongly consider the opportunities at Harbor.
We offer the following comprehensive benefits and programs:
- A competitive compensation program that recognizes individual performance and contributions
- Comprehensive medical (PPO and HMO), dental and vision options effective on date of hire
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance coverage
- 401(k) Plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of base salary; we will also contribute 50 cents for each dollar contributed between 4% and 6% of eligible pay. If you contribute at least 6% of pay, Harbor will make a matching contribution equal to 5% of eligible earnings. Immediate vesting in your own contributions, and the employer matching contributions.
- Retirement contributions of 5% of eligible pay. If your employment terminates prior to completing one year of service, retirement contribution amounts made to your 401(k) account will be forfeited.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life insurance in an amount equal to twice your annual base salary up to maximum of $500,000; In addition, Optional Life and AD&D insurance are available for purchase
- Paid vacation days
- Nine or ten paid holidays, annually
- Three personal days, annually
- Commuter Benefits Program for flex transit and parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Expense Reimbursement Program
- Easy access to public transportation
- Building amenities include parking garage with available car wash services, on-site restaurant, health club facilities and complimentary concierge and bike storage
We think you will find our central loop location convenient, offering an easy walk to public transportation. Our building is the first certified LEED all-business structure to be built in Chicago.