Low volatility with a twist. Turn risk/reward on its head, internationally.
Why invest in a Harbor Robeco Conservative Equities Fund?
- You don’t always have to take high risks in order to get rewards. See more
- Robeco’s Conservative Equity approach to low volatility investing has a little something extra. See more
- The benefits of low volatility investing seem unlikely to fade. See more
- Gain access to a manager and firm who pioneered low volatility investing. See more
As of 2/27/2020
|Daily Change ($)||-$0.26|
|Daily Change (%)||-2.61%|
|Net Expense Ratio||0.53%|
|Gross Expense Ratio||4.73%|
|Total Net Assets (million)|
(As of 1/31/2020)
|Roche Holding AG [ROG]||2.1%|
|Royal Dutch Shell plc [RDSA]||2.0%|
|Toyota Motor Corp. ||1.6%|
|Total SA [FP]||1.5%|
|Allianz SE [ALV]||1.3%|
|GlaxoSmithKline plc [GSK]||1.3%|
|NTT DoCoMo Inc. ||1.1%|
|BNP Paribas SA [BNP]||1.1%|
|Enel SpA [ENEL]||1.1%|
|Iberdrola SA [IBE]||1.0%|
|% of Total Holdings:||14.1%|
As of 12/31/2019
Performance data shown represents past performance, which is no guarantee of future results. Current performance may be higher or lower than the past performance data shown. Investment returns and the value of an investment will fluctuate, and an investor's shares, when sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. You can obtain performance data current to the most recent month-end (available within seven business days after the most recent month-end) by calling 800-422-1050 or visiting harborfunds.com.
The Harbor Funds performance shown assumes the reinvestment of dividend and capital gain distributions and is net of management fees and expenses. Returns for periods less than one year are not annualized.
From time to time, certain fees and/or expenses have been voluntarily or contractually waived or reimbursed, which has resulted in higher returns. Without these waivers or reimbursements, the returns would have been lower. Voluntary waivers or reimbursements may be applied or discontinued at any time without notice. Only the Board of Trustees may modify or terminate contractual fee waivers or expense reimbursements.
(1) Black, Jensen and Scholes (1972) “The Capital Asset Pricing Model: Some Empirical Tests”, Studies in the Theory of Capital Markets. Fama, and MacBeth (1973), “Risk, Return and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests”, Journal of Political Economy. Haugen, and Heins (1975), “Risk and the Rate of Return on Financial Assets: Some Old Wine in New Bottles”, Journal of Finance and Quantitative Analysis
(2) Van Vliet, Pim (2004), “Downside Risk and Empirical Asset Pricing”, PhD thesis Erasmus School of Economics.
(3) Blitz, David, Juan Pang, and Pim van Vliet (2013), “The Volatility Effect in Emerging Markets”, Emerging Markets Review
(4) Blitz, David and Pim van Vliet (2007), The Volatility Effect: Lower Risk Without Lower Return, Journal of Portfolio Management, pp. 102-113. Winner of Citation of Excellence Award from Emerald Publishing (2008)
There is no guarantee that the investment objective of the Fund will be achieved. Investing in international and emerging markets poses special risks, including potentially greater price volatility due to social, political and economic factors, as well as currency exchange rate fluctuations. The Fund focuses on defensive-oriented stocks, which typically lag the stock market during strong market rallies. In addition, such stocks may underperform the market during periods of rising interest rates. There is no guarantee that the investment process will be successful in lowering volatility of the Fund’s returns or protecting the Fund from market declines. The value of securities selected using quantitative analysis can react differently to issuer, political, market, and economic developments than the market as a whole or securities selected using only fundamental analysis. The factors used in quantitative analysis and the weight placed on those factors may not be predictive of a security's value. In addition, any model may contain flaws or the model may not perform as anticipated.
The MSCI EAFE (ND) Index is an unmanaged index generally representative of major overseas stock markets. This unmanaged index does not reflect fees and expenses and is not available for direct investment.
RIAM US is an affiliate of the Adviser. In providing services to the Fund, RIAM US uses designated persons of its affiliates, including Robeco Nederland B.V. and Robeco Institutional Asset Management B.V. ("RIAM BV"), based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, Robeco Hong Kong Limited, based in Hong Kong, and Robeco Overseas Investment Fund Management (Shanghai) Limited Company, based in Shanghai, People's Republic of China. RIAM US and such affiliates are referred to collectively, as “Robeco.”